||Hallo... interestingly, some
corporate sales management folk think they can replace salespeople
with a 'happy sounding' email shot off to a customer which will make
the customer come running back with twice the amount of business -
When will those mis-management folk understand that it is and was the
salesPERSON who made the customer bring in the business? Trust me, it
was not some love for the company or its other salespeople shoved at
them now. Heck, it says so right in 'Sales101' and here are some
basics from the top of my head:
1. People buy based on how they are sold and how comfortable they are
2. The seller sells based on what the buyer needs, not what the seller
wants to sell.
3. Seller and buyer form a relationship, trust is a catalyst.
4. A good salesperson can sell anything to anyone.
5. Many professions are 'just a job' sales is 'more than a job' - oh
On a different note... we salespeople of the mega salesforce should
question how those mis-management folk got to become sales management
in the first place?! It sounds like they bought their way in rather
than earned their way to the top. Whatever the case, without Sales101
and your key salesPERSON, you ain't sellin nothin buddy... not now...
Check out: Selling Power
May 13th, 2005